Monday, January 9, 2012

Finding my place!! A great post up about this community!

Over on A Girl And Her Gun is a great post titled "An Open Letter To The Anti-Gun Folks". She gets it!! She took what I feel and she put it all out there. I swear she and I are sister's of the soul sometimes because she so beautifully can write out thoughts and feelings I have had. I never really have fit into a group. I am too "wild" for a lot of LDS women, too young for a lot of Mommy groups (though that is finally changing now with Monkey's stuff but among the mom's of Bug's friends I am always the youngest), too conservative for most of the women my age. Not sure why I haven't found a place among writer's but that probably is due to my shyness.  Even here sometimes I think "Do I belong here?" then I post about a worry or fear or struggle and where my words would be met with silence in the past they now are met with help, comfort, guidance, and understanding. Never have I known so many willing to lend an ear or a kind though to someone they have never met or offer to meet and help if they can until I entered this community. I can be a depressed basket case some days and when it feels like I am so very alone someone will post a comment that brightens my day. You guys are all amazing. The blog post by AGAHG is beyond description in its beauty. Read it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome!! Always love sharing good posts.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!