Sunday, January 8, 2012

Light a candle for the protection of yourself and those you love!!

Today The Brady group decided that the best way for them to fight violence was to light a bunch of candles and once again decry all guns. After all guns make the violence right??

Not so much. Weer'd had this brilliant idea that we stand up as well today and fight the cause not the tool. I simply love this idea. For years I was afraid all of the time. When we had the apartment shooting I was so shaken and disturbed by it and for months I was frozen in fear. I knew things needed to change. I needed to change. It was a very slow change. Like years. I accepted that we needed a gun in the house for protection but I was to afraid to handle it myself. My husband gave gentle pushes but wasn't forceful and he listened and talked. Then we had a conversation that changed everything once we moved to southern Nevada. I said I wasn't sure I could take a life if faced with that choice. I probably could to defend the kids but not myself and he looked at me and he said, "Babe, If you were dead who would protect our girls when I work? If you were battered and broken because you chose to give in rather than fight what would that teach the girls? Wouldn't you want them to fight?"

I had never thought about it like that. I never realized that the fight wasn't just against evil but for something. So now I have my beautiful HK P2000. To protect myself. To protect my family. To inspire them to be strong and courageous in the face of evil. A candle is beautiful and thoughtful and great and holding of just a tiny bit of the dark but add a gun to the mix and you can not only light the way but fight the darkness back and win. So win. Win for yourself. Win for your loved ones. You are worth it!

Now look in our side bar and go see some of the other wonderful blogs for today and our fight for the protection of the ones we love against violence!! Brigid has a particularly beautiful blog up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!