Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Homemade conditioner maybe?

For a long time I was a no-poo girl and I loved it. Then we moved and I was put on cymbalta. My hair began to fall out in clumps. I hated it. I also developed horrible dandruff. My doc recommended I use a regular shampoo and conditioner. So back to chemicals I went. But the cymbalta made me feel awful and after the Savella poisoning I knew the signs of toxicity. So off of it I went. Very happy to now me completely med free but my hair was still trashed. I began to see what homemade things help. Lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, diluted honey and many more were all over the web. I already used acv as leave in conditioner so that wasn't the complete answer. I decided to mix the above ingredients. I also added tea tree oil. I used probablt 1 1/2 cup acv, tbs mint honey, and 1/2 cup lemon juice with a dash of the oil. The acv broke down the honey so no sticky. Put it in today and my hair smells fantastic. Hopefully this helps enough that I can stop the shampoo again. Crossing my fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried a sulfate free shampoo? I can't remember my brand name, but it has made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!