Saturday, June 20, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Cupcakes!

I had a good amount of leftover strawberry filling from the chocolate cake, and I couldn't in good conscience let it go to waste. So what do you do what extra strawberries just sitting around? Why make vanilla cupcakes with strawberry whipped cream frosting of course!

The batter is almost satin-like in texture, it's just so smooth. I add a bit of lemon zest to most of my vanilla recipes, it adds a hint of freshness and light taste, so the vanilla is more refreshing and less overpowering. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill the cups about 3/4 of the way full, and bake for about 20 mins. If you under-cook or under-fill them, they will fall when they cool.

Once I frost any cupcakes, I keep them refrigerated because no one likes melted whip cream frosting. I also keep any extra frosting in the fridge, and just frost them as needed.

1 comment:

  1. I like cupcakes. Also they make portion control (at least per sitting) easier.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!