Thursday, July 23, 2009

canning

My neighbors gave me 22 rhubarb plants and told me I was welcome to ALL of the Nanking cherries on three bushes and all of the pie cherries on their tree. I spent an hour picking yesterday and picked 5 lbs of tiny nanking cherries. I didn't even make a dent in the one bush I was working on. Today is overcast and I think I am going to bribe the boys into picking the rest for me. I am going to make jam out of the nankings and pie filling out of the pie cherries. I will blog again when I come up for air. Pray for me! I may need it, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I love cherries but NOT the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I bought a cherry pitter, lol. These little ones though, I think I will have to blend them and strain out the pits.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!