Monday, July 20, 2009

Well, I finally have my life back...

My sisters wedding is over, and went off (mostly) without a hitch. It was a wonderful service, and I can honestly say I've never seen her look more beautiful. The reception was a blast and although I cried from sheer terror, I made it through my toast (I don't do public speaking well). Ryan the 3L came to part of the reception and after-party with me, and all in all I can say it went, well, splendidly.

Two very cool things stand out for me: one personal and one blog related. The first, was the gift my sister made me as maid-of-honor. The backstory is that while my grandfather was stationed in the South Pacific during WWII, he wrote my grandmother nearly everyday. They met on a train when he was leaving for the war, and she was headed to college in Bozeman (she graduated with a degree in Agriculture, and was one of the first women to do so). My sister found this letters in a box among my grandma's things when she passed away nearly 3 years ago. One of the letters was filled with sand and cowery shells from Manilla. They were both raised as Montana farm kids, and my grandma had never seen an ocean so he wanted to share his experience with her. My sister took the shells to a jewelry designer and had then crafted into twin braclets, one of which she gave to me. We were both very close to her and miss her very much, and it was such a thoughtful gift I could believe it.

The other I will explain tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on having survived your ordeal by fire.

    The bracelets are a good bit of family history.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!