Monday, August 22, 2011

What a week!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had one heck of a week last week. We went out of state to pick up some hay to bring back and sell. I spent one whole day bucking hay and sacking it. I then spent the evening in the ER suffering from extreme heat stroke. All of my bodily functions were shutting down, I was low on oxygen, all minerals and of course dehydrated. After a few hours and several liters of fluid, they sent me home with instructions to stay hydrated and out of the heat.

On the way home we blew a tire on our trailer in construction. It took us an hour and a half to find a tire shop that would sell us a replacement. We finally got on our way...until a loud thumping noise woke me and all of the kids. We pulled over to discover that the tread had separated on the rear tire of our truck and completely obliterated our rear fender. It somehow managed to miss the new exhaust we had just put on the truck.

Luckily we were only a few miles from a rest stop, so we limped in and put on the spare. It was of course almost flat. We limped on into the next town and got it aired up at a rest stop. We finally made it home sometime in the early morning hours.

The next day we took the hay to a friends house who was buying it. On the way out of her yard, the transmission went out in the truck. Seriously.

We sold the three tons of hay for $450. Half of that is to be sent to my father in law (it was his hay). That means we keep $225. That will ALMOST cover the deductible to fix the body damage to the truck. That does not come even close to covering the hospital bill, the $700+ in tires or the new transmission we will now have to replace in the truck.

Can't get any worse, right? Wrong.

I found out that my oldest son is allergic to bees. He is now the proud owner of two Epipens. I give up, I am ready to just sleep for a week.

4 comments:

  1. Fiji. I wish we could escape! Ugggggggg.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can do is give you a virtual hug! :-) Hang in there lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have sure had a run of bad luck. Maybe you are due for some good luck now. I'd buy a few lottery tickets, just in case. My daughter has to have those shot things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lila, I agree. Now if AH's idea pans out and I win the lottery......

    NFO, thanks, I needed that.

    AH, the boy is very proud of the epipens and spent several nights studying how to use it. The lottery might be a good idea. But I am just afraid the bad luck isn't through with me yet.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!