Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good news and blessings!

I was doing the daily news wandering when this headline caught my eye. It was hugely uplifting to read something positive in the news. CNN usually does okay at putting some good topics up but still it is so easy to get mired in the negativity. Today we are surrounded by violence and tragedy in our media. Newspapers, television, radio, and yes even us bloggers can get so consumed with the bad that we forget the good. We forget to mention the miracles, the joyous reunions, the beautiful laughter of a child because hate and greed and fear are much more potent feelings. So today I wanted to think happy thoughts and of blessings. I am healthy and happy in love. My children are growing and beautiful. My husband has a career he is proud of and a heart of gold. I have two women who are more sisters to me than my own family at times. We never want for anything. We bought a beautiful home! Those are only a fraction of the richness that fills my life. What are your blessings? What is your good news for today? What drives your laughter and lifts your soul? Remember always that even in moments of tragedy and pain blessings surround us. They filter through our lives by the touch of a friend, the kindness of a stranger and the love of a child returned to waiting arms. Hug your blessings close today and always.

1 comment:

We love comments! We are happy to answer questions, join in debate and conversation, or just say hi. All we ask is for respect. Respect us and others. Keep it civil. Obviously we aren't afraid of cussing but we don't like anyone degraded or invalidated.

We also know we make mistakes. Feel free to call us out. You can't improve things that need it if you aren't aware of it.

If you have an opinion share it but know if it is going to cause hurt to someone we care about we will not approve it.

Most of all have fun!!